Des Walsh has officially launched the Social Media Show, a new podcast series. Interestingly, he has chosen to establish a new dedicated site instead of incorporating it into his existing very popular deswalsh.com blog. He intends to interview some of the many interesting people he knows and comes across in his travels.
His initial round of interviews is with partners of the Enterprise 2.0 Executive Forum, starting a few days ago with Stephen Collins of Acidlabs, and yesterday with David Holloway, the editor of the Metaverse Journal, a media partner for the event which is devoted to an Australian perspective on virtual worlds. Des has also written up summary comments in a post titled Metaverse Journal partners with Enterprise 2.0 Thinkfest.
The themes that Des and David chat about in the podcast include:
• Education and health as fields that fit well with virtual worlds, and where is substantial activity
• Political movements in Second Life: Clinton, Obama, McCain and others
• Commercial presence in Second Life: Telstra, IBM and others
• Virtual worlds as a research and development environment
• Technical limitations of Second Life
• New virtual worlds emerging in Australia
David’s an interesting guy well across his field and it’s a good podcast. You can listen to the podcast on the Social Media Show or below.
Des shows his talents as a podcast host – I’m sure the Social Media Show will go very well.
Social Media Show: Interview with David Holloway of the Metaverse Journal