I was recently interviewed on SkyNews about how mobile and web technologies are relevant to organizations today – the video of the interview is below.
A few points that I made in the interview:
* Technology should be focused on getting effective contribution and participation from staff, and building efficiencies and productivity.
* Critical technologies include mobility, web 2.0, and video.
* Business value includes discovering resources in the organizations, getting products to market quicker, and enabling richer business conversations.
* Today many larger organizations are seeking to tap the energy of their younger staff, who expect their employees to use current technologies.
* The key issue today is building collaborative, high-performance organizations that will be successful in challenging times and be positioned for the next economic upturn when it comes.