Continuing our series of free chapters from Implementing Enterprise 2.0, here is Chapter 11 on Social Networks in the Enterprise. For full details on the report and all the sample chapters go to the Implementing Enterprise 2.0 website.
Section 4 of Implementing Enterprise 2.0 is Creating Business Value From Enterprise 2.0 Tools. It includes chapters on implementing Wikis, Blogs, Social Networks, RSS and syndication, Social Bookmarking, and Microblogging in the enterprise.
Chapter 11 on Social Networks in the Enterprise contains:
* Background to social networks and adoption in the enterprise
* Six key domains in which social networks can create business value inside organizations
* Required functionality of social networks for enterprise use
* Issues with implementation, including for internal social network and external social networks
* Two brief case studies of enterprise implementation of social networks
You can also just download the pdf of Chapter 11.