We have just posted an ad on Elance, looking for editors/ writers/ project managers for some of our existing and forthcoming online publications.
Please apply on Elance if this seems like a match, or pass it on to others if you think it might be of interest. If you have questions before applying you can use our contact form. We hope to find some awesome people!
We run a series of content websites on topics related to technology, media, and the future, among many other activities.
We are looking for highly talented editors/ project managers who can drive quality content and traffic on these sites.
Their primary role will be:
- Identifying relevant stories/ blog posts
- Writing these stories AND/OR allocating these to one of our writers
- Editing contributions for style and fit to publication
- Running the site’s social media, including Twitter and Facebook, to build relationships and visibility
- Following our project and content guidelines
- Working with publisher Ross Dawson to refine the site content and positioning
- Ideally, they will also be capable of researching and writing extended reports on these topics
- Excellent online/ blog writing experience and style
- Very good knowledge of and deep interest in at least one of the topics listed below
- Good understanding of and experience with social media including Twitter
- (Ideally) Understand wireframing and able to work with designers and developers
- (Ideally) Excellent research and highly structured report writing capabilities
Current and forthcoming online publications we run include:
- Results from Crowdsourcing – crowdsourcingresults.com and others
- Future of Sex – futureofsex.net
- SME Technology Forum – smetechnologyforum.com
- Idea Visualization – ideavisualization.net
- Media on iPad/ Tablets
- Business Model Visualization
- Personal Branding
- Branded Apps
- Future of News/ Media
- Future of Retail/ Social Media in Retail
- Future of Work and Organizations
- Business and Social Trends
There are many other topics we are interested in, so if you have the right capabilities and deep expertise in a related topic we’d also be interested in speaking.
All articles written will be in the author’s name, and after a trial period project managers will be named as editor on the site they are responsible for.
We expect to pay up to $25 per hour for the right people. In your application state your proposed rate. The successful candidates will be motivated by the boost to their visibility and personal brand, what they will learn about their topic and online publishing, and the opportunity to work with futurist and entrepreneur Ross Dawson. The work will have substantial flexibility.
After an initial period of working with us, the best people may be offered other remuneration structures, potentially including profit share on their projects.
In your application say which of the publication topics most interests you and why, and send or point us to writing samples that demonstrate your talent.