Our online magazine FutureofSex.net explores this fascinating aspect of the intersection of technology and society.
The rise of our connected world has implications that reach into almost every aspect of our lives. I did many Valentine’s Day interviews back in 2003 and 2004, talking about proximity dating, one way in which technology is changing how we connect romantically.
This year we thought it would be worth putting out word to media about the fascinating topic of remote sex, as it is a topic in which their audience will very likely be interested. Here is our press release:
Remote sex – how distant lovers can still be intimate this Valentine’s Day
“Valentine’s Day 2012 will be the first one in which remote sex will play a significant role,” says leading futurist Ross Dawson.
“Living in a connected world doesn’t just mean keeping in touch with friends around the world and video calls to grandparents,” he says. “Now technology can be used to connect people in intimate way they probably never dreamed of.”
“On Valentine’s Day there will be many who will be separated from those they love. The new technologies of remote sex can bring them together over any distance.”
As an expert on how technology is transforming society, and publisher of the online magazine FutureofSex.net, Dawson believes that remote sex is a significant development in our future that needs to understand.
• Remote sex is associated with ‘teledildonics’, which is the field of controlling sex devices for both men and woman at a distance.
• ‘Remote sex’ is the use of communications technologies to have intimate encounters with others at a distance.
• This can be invaluable as more of us travel, often for extended periods, for example workers in mining, defence, hospitality, professional services, and many other industries.
• Others see it as a way to have exciting encounters without any complications.
• In the last year several remote sex products have been released into the market. These include Remote Pleasure, Mojowijo, which is used with the Nintendo Wii, and RealTouch, which recently distributed 1,000 devices to wives of US military personnel.
Further information on remote sex:
About Ross Dawson
Ross Dawson is globally recognised as a leading futurist, entrepreneur, keynote speaker, and bestselling author. He is chairman of three companies, including leading international future think-tank Future Exploration Network.
His prescient books include Living Networks, which anticipated social networks and microblogging years before Facebook or Twitter were created. He has delivered keynotes on every continent except Antarctica, and his clients include world-leading companies such as Ernst & Young, IBM, Macquarie Bank, Microsoft, and Procter & Gamble.
As a highly influential – as well as entertaining – futurist and commentator, Dawson’s insights have been frequently featured in CNN, ABC TV, USA Today, New York Times, BusinessWeek, The Guardian, Today and Sunrise shows, and many other global media.
To arrange an interview with Ross Dawson please contact…