I hope you can make it!
Sydney will be the site of the launch of a global series of crowdsourcing workshops over coming months in Sydney, Amsterdam, Cologne, London, Paris, Brussels, New York, San Francisco and other cities. I am very excited about the workshops, the material we’ll cover, and what we’ll learn during the workshops to help create the forthcoming Second Edition of Getting Results From Crowds.
Below is the announcement of the Sydney workshops. Please pass this on if you think people would be interested! 🙂
Crowdsourcing Workshops: Getting Business Results
Sydney, Monday 16 April
Getting Results From Crowds: 9:00am-1:30pm
Crowd Business Models: 1:30pm-5:00pm
Crowdsourcing is one of the most important trends in business today. It enables organisations to draw on talent and resources from around the world, build efficiencies, create flexibility, save costs, and generate value.
Australia is in fact a global crowdsourcing hub, with dozens of significant crowdsourcing sites hailing from Australia, including world-leading platforms such as Freelancer.com, DesignCrowd, Kaggle and 99designs.
The latest highly successful book from globally recognised futurist Ross Dawson is titled Getting Results From Crowds: The definitive guide to using crowdsourcing to grow your business. He is running a series of interactive workshops around the world to help businesses to use crowdsourcing effectively.
The premier event in Sydney, led by Ross Dawson, author of Getting Results From Crowds, will include authorities in crowdsourcing:
- Matt Barrie, CEO, Freelancer.com
- Alec Lynch, CEO, DesignCrowd
- Alan Crabbe, Co-Founder, Pozible
- Luke Metcalfe, CEO, Rapid Intelligence
And authorities in developing effective crowdsourcing business models including:
- Phil Morle, Co-Founder, Pollenizer
- Rebekah Campbell, Founder, Posse
- Sebastien Eckersley, Founder, Blue Chilli
In a practical and intensive morning half-day workshop on how to use crowdsourcing tools they address topics including:
- Why high-growth businesses would want to use crowdsourcing
- Understanding crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, service marketplaces & other ways to tap crowds
- Learning how to manage crowds effectively to create massive business value
- The future of how Australian companies will use crowdsourcing
The afternoon workshop is a highly interactive workshop examining crowd business models addressing topics including:
- Monetisation models and success factors for each model
- Learn from the business models of successful startups
- Design and adapt crowd business models to your own ventures
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For workshop details and registration: bit.ly/crowdsyd
For $20 discount use code: RDBLOG
Getting Results From Crowds book, including free chapters: www.resultsfromcrowds.com