With the list is a useful article running through the highlights of the blogs on the list, including why these leading businesses blog, the value they get from it, how they go about it, and far more. There is also a number of good points on the keys to running a success blog.
From the article it sounds like I was the first of the 25 bloggers featured to start blogging, kicking off in 2002. Next month I’ll be celebrating 8 years of blogging. Many more have joined in since then.
Below I have put the list of the 25 business blogs together with their authors, ranked by their web traffic from Alexa as of today. A couple of cautions to sound here: This list is about the top business blogs, which is more about business impact than traffic. Also Alexa figures are pretty unreliable, though at the moment there unfortunately aren’t many better tools to rank blogs, with Technorati rankings changed and Wikio not comprehensive.
My blog comes up at rank 7, though most of the ones ahead of me are professional blogs while I get to this when I can (unfortunately this is my second post in over two weeks now ).
1. Problogger (Darren Rouse): 2,069
2. Telstra Exchange: 8,771
3. Just Creative Design (Jacob Cass): 21,866
4. mUmBRELLA (Tim Burrowes and team): 25,891
5. Digital Buzz Blog (Digital Buzz): 28,898
6. Delimiter (Renai LeMay): 126,324
7. Trends in Living Networks (Ross Dawson): 148,131
8. Bluewire Media (Bluewire Media): 285,617
9. Aussie Rules: (Phil Dobbie and Robert Gerrish): 329,068
10. Ideas Culture (Yvonne Adele): 389,301
11. Pollenizer (Pollenizer): 424,314
12. Start-up Blog (Steve Sammartino): 668,235
13. Adspace pioneers (Julian Cole): 688,257
14. 22michaels (Shoes of Prey): 775,029
15. acidlabs (Stephen Collins (trib)): 797,210
16. Michael Specht (Michael Specht): 819,380
17. PR Warrior (Trevor Young): 1,346,609
18. RedBalloon (Naomi Simson): 1,539,801
19. Emma Isaac’s Blog (Emma Isaacs): 2,398,905
20. New Retail Blog (Jon Bird and Matt Newell): 2,534,858
21. Catalyst for Magic (Annalie Killian): 3,282,394
22. The Pursuit of Luck (Jason Bresnehan): 6,144,884
23. Deloitte Digital Blog (Peter Williams and team): 7,204,640
24. Mr MiniMovers (Mike O’Hagen): 9,586,137
25. Tell Us Your Holden Story NoRank